EKONIAK TAKES ON COLLEGE LEVEL

Mrs. Ekoniak
Laci Ekoniak (middle) is continuring her cheerleading career at Youngstown State University.

Laci Ekoniak is a senior at Struthers High School, she has been cheering almost her whole life. Ekoniak is the type of person to achieve her goals and focus on what she really wants. 

The student has been a high school cheerleader for the last four years, she never really knew that she wanted to cheer in college until only a few months ago. She has prepared herself for years to be the best she could be to do what she loves the most. 

Ekoniak focused on herself a ton before tryouts. 

“I took tumbling classes to help me work on my tumbling skills, and in my spare time I practiced my jumps and all other required tryout material,” says the cheerleader. 

The senior has been cheering since she was a little girl. The athlete was always on the field, practicing her tumbling skills or  just having fun cheering with her friends.

Ekoniak never gave up on her dreams. 

“If my younger self knew I was a college cheerleader, she’d probably freak out. I’m very proud of myself because this is like a dream come true to young me,” says the athlete. 

Since the beginning of Ekoniak’s cheerleading career, she was already great. The cheerleader was always dedicated to being the best and doing the best so she can enjoy the sport the most she can.

The athlete holds herself to high standards to become the best she can be. 

“I believe I’ve grown a lot into my potential, but I’m not all the way there yet. I still have a lot more learning and growing to do and I can’t wait to see what the future holds for me,” says the cheerleader.