SENIOR SPOTLIGHT

Ava Pokopatz
Marisa Orbin, senior, is excited for the next chapter.

Mickayla Taaffe

Where will you be attending college? Kent State University

Are you sad to be leaving high school? Very sad

What is your favorite memory from all the years attending school? My favorite memory is my volleyball senior night and we won our game against Niles. I remember that was the first time it hit me that we were graduating high school soon and would all be going our own way.

What are you going to miss most about Struthers? I am going to miss all of my friends and all the fun we have every day. 

Do you think you’ll still talk to everyone once you graduate?  Yes, I really hope we all stay in touch after we graduate. 

Who do you think has changed the most in 10 years, and why? I believe that we have all changed so much in the past ten years. I think that I have changed the most but that is also from my own perspective.  

What teacher inspired you the most throughout high school?  Mrs. Mickler

If you could send a message to any underclassmen who would it be and what would you say?  I would say to look around once in a while and truly enjoy the moment you are in. High school goes by so fast and you don’t want to miss anything. These will be some of the best years of your life. 

Marisa Orbin 

Where will you be attending college? I’m going to Youngstown State University.

Are you sad to be leaving high school? Yes

What is your favorite memory from all the years attending school? My favorite memory throughout high school would be being in the student section for basketball my 10th-12th grade years. Everyone gets so into it and it is fun supporting my school with all of my friends.

What are you going to miss most about Struthers? I’m going to miss being so close to everyone and not seeing people everyday.

Do you think you’ll still talk to everyone once you graduate?  I hope I do, I grew up with all of these people, it is going to be different to not see each other everyday.

Who do you think has changed the most in 10 years, and why? I think since 10 years ago when we were in 2nd grade we all changed so much. But obviously, I believe that I have changed for the better or worse involving my personality and how I may appear.  

What teacher inspired you the most throughout high school?  Mrs. Mickler has definitely inspired me. She is there for everyone and willing to hear you out in anything you need. I’m so grateful to have a teacher like her. 

If you could send a message to any underclassmen who would it be and what would you say?  I know a lot of people are going to say this but it is so genuine. High school is where you learn, regret and love all these different moments of your life. But throughout the years, it will all go so fast. So go out once and awhile and live your life, you won’t have as much freedom to do whatever you want unlike in high school. It goes by fast. 

Anthony Carter 

Where will you be attending college? YSU

Are you sad to be leaving high school? Not really, I’m opening up a new chapter in life 

What is your favorite memory from all the years attending school? Just playing football

What are you going to miss most about Struthers? The support from the fans 

Do you think you’ll still talk to everyone once you graduate?  Yes

Who do you think has changed the most in 10 years, and why? We all have changed a lot but I think I have changed a lot in the past 10 years because of football.

What teacher inspired you the most throughout high school?  Mr. Bayuk because he is a great coach.

If you could send a message to any underclassmen who would it be and what would you say?  Just live it up! Don’t stress about little things. 

Lexie Hanna 

Where will you be attending college? Bowling Green State University

Are you sad to be leaving high school? Yes, it’s upsetting leaving so many good memories behind. 

What is your favorite memory from all the years attending school? My favorite memory is all of the football games, especially this year. We had so many people come support the football players and it was a once in a lifetime kind of experience. This year it was amazing to see all of the school come together and truly cheer for Struthers and come together as one. 

What are you going to miss most about Struthers? I’m going to miss all of the people that I’ve met here. I’ve met so many incredible people that have changed my life for the better. I’m also gonna miss all of the memories I’ve made here and many of them will never be forgotten. 

Do you think you’ll still talk to everyone once you graduate? I hope to stay in touch with many of the close friends I’ve connected with here. I hope to not lose contact with any of them because many of the people I’ve met here have truly helped me become the person I am today. 

Who do you think has changed the most in 10 years, and why?  I have seen my own growth emotionally and physically over the past 10 years so I would say just knowing myself personally that I have grown a lot since 2nd grade.  

What teacher inspired you the most throughout high school Every single teacher I have had has inspired me so much and genuinely has helped me in many ways. If I had to choose a specific teacher I would choose Mr. Nerone. I’ve always hated math, but he has shown me how to try and understand it even if I’m stressed. He has been a great teacher and has influenced me to always be my best even when I doubt myself. Although he has helped me a lot, every single teacher who has taught me has helped me become the person I am today so I admire every single teacher who has helped me on this crazy journey. 

If you could send a message to any underclassmen who would it be and what would you say? To every underclassmen, make sure to enjoy every second of high school. It goes by so fast and it’s one of the most special years of your life. At times I feel like I’m still a freshman just because of how fast this time has flown by. Enjoy every moment and don’t take anything for granted. Hang out with who you want to, do what makes you happy, and always be yourself. Take every day as a new opportunity and never give up on your dreams and passions no matter what you’re struggling with. 

Caleb Sakara 

Where will you be attending college? I’m going to the trade to pursue carpentry.

Are you sad to be leaving high school? Yes but at the same time no, because all the memories I have made throughout these years with people and  won’t be able to see most of them ever again. I also get tired of school work and sitting there for 8 hours a day for 13 years of my life. 

What is your favorite memory from all the years attending school? Being the best football team in Struthers high school history by going to the state regionals (Week 14).

What are you going to miss most about Struthers? Just being able to talk to friends and see each other every day.

Do you think you’ll still talk to everyone once you graduate?  Not at all. I would love to, but it’s just the reality of it all you will not be able to see or talk to everyone you used to.

Who do you think has changed the most in 10 years, and why? I’ve personally changed a lot of different times throughout the years, but everyone in my grade has changed even more as I did and it’s just amazing over the years how many things can change.

What teacher inspired you the most throughout high school?  It would be Coach Bayuk, he was not only a coach but a mentor. We went through war together.

If you could send a message to any underclassmen who would it be and what would you say?  Do not take this for granted, not at all. Take everything in. Do not live in the future because it will blind you from what you have right now in the present.