KAVOURAS KILLS FRESHMAN YEAR

Isabella Sferra
Nia Kavouras, freshman, is finishing up her first year at SHS.

Andonia Kavouras is a freshman at Struthers High School.

Students always have goals and certain ideas of what they want to achieve during their school year. A goal is only something you can accomplish, in your control, with time and effort. Goals never end and continue to change throughout a person’s life.

Kavouras has set goals of her own for the rest of the school year and the upcoming one.

“My goal for the rest of the school year is to finish out strong and do my best. The start of the next school year is to have that same mindset as I did at the end of this school year,” says Kavouras. 

Every student has a favorite teacher that gives them advice, inspires them, teaches well or just makes them smile. 

Kavouras’s favorite teacher is Mr. Nerone.

“He made this school year better with all his jokes, and he just made me want to come to school every day when I didn’t feel like it,” says Kavouras. 

Some students balance school with a sport that they enjoy. It’s hard to keep up with school, work and practices, but most students use time management to obtain both. Players start sports for many reasons, some could be: their friends play, they grew up around the sport or they wanted to try something new.

Kavouras started playing volleyball because her sisters played.

“The thing that inspired me to play this sport was my sisters. Growing up, they started playing volleyball, and they would always include me in games with them even if I didn’t know what I was doing. They taught me some of the basics, and they encouraged me to keep trying to get better,” says Kavouras.