MARTINEZ GIVES CLOSING THOUGHTS

Isabella Sferra
Gracey Martinez, freshman, is a member of the track team.

It is official, the 2024 spring track season has come to an end.  

A freshman joined the 2024 spring track season this year with no experience from middle school. 

Grayce Martinez is a freshman at Struthers High School that has joined some sports activities. She did this in hopes of staying active. This helps with track and cross country being against multiple other teams.

Originally in the beginning of the 2023- 2024 school year, she joined cross country. 

“I’m involved with cross country. It’s my main sport I do,” says Martinez.

There are many pros to joining sports in school. It helps to stay active and gain friends. It can also help with stress with school or even home life.

Joining these teams she felt that it made school more enjoyable. 

“It made me more active and feel better about myself. It also gives me something to look forward to,” says Martinez.

Having no knowledge of track and field and just joining can be difficult. It may steer people away and not continue. However, some people find it enjoyable and continue from where they started.

Martinez would like to attempt to continue track and try to go for running as well.

“I would like to try running track since I only throw, but I wouldn’t join any others. I feel like doing too many wouldn’t make me as good,” says Martinez.