BOYS BASKETBALL CELEBRATES SENIORS

(Left to Right): Gary Mudryk, Drew Kopnicky, Grady Moore, Lucas Patti
Frank Marr

The Struthers boys’ basketball team plays East on February 14, 2024 at home.

It was senior night and one of the last games of the season.

It was the last regular season game so they wanted to honor their seniors, Grady Moore, Lucas Patti, Andrew Kopnicky and Gary Mudryk. The score was 19-28 at the half, but Struthers came out with a loss in the end 39-70.

Since it was senior night, the senior boys started and played the whole first half. The team cheered them on while they played their last regular home game of their career. 

With every game comes struggles and heated moments.

“It was intense in the first half. All the seniors played pretty hard in the first half all the way till the end,” says Jacob Patti, freshman. 

In the second half of the game, the freshmen boys got subbed in the play the rest of the second half. A lot of the underclassmen got to experience a lot of varsity time.

Playing on varsity comes with a lot of positive emotions.

“It felt pretty good playing with my brother at the same time and the best play was when I hit a three,” says Patti.

The fans are always at every game, cheering on both teams and helping bring up the energy and environment of the game. They always boost the team’s sports.

With every game, even the last ones, come with imperfections that need to be worked on.

“We could really work on turnovers, we had way too many that game and working on them can help us win more games,” says Patti.