INTERACT CLUB ATTENDS CONFERENCE

Tom Baringer
Front Row (Left to Right): Louis Algaier, Kylie Anderson, Kira Girardi, Hannah Susany Back Row (Left to Right): Brady Anderson, Morgan Howard, Livia Waback, Melyka West, Amira West, Temple Jones

Struthers Interact Club attended a conference at Salem Community Center on Saturday, November 4th. 

The conference went from 8:00 a.m. to around 1:00 p.m. The club had the chance to meet other Interact Club members from different school districts. The schools other than Struthers that attended were Fitch, Salem, Columbiana, Warren and East Palestine. The club members participated in many activities and got to know one another. 

Learning to become a leader at a young age can be very beneficial, and that’s what these clubs are teaching their members. 

“At the conference, we played games that taught us leadership skills in a group setting. We learned a lot, but they made it fun for us,” says Struthers Interact Club member Amira West. 

Interact Club focuses on helping our community and giving students the opportunity to volunteer at different events. Not only does volunteering help the community, but it also looks good on college applications and helps get students into the National Honor Society. 

Students who attended the conference talked about ways they can help their city and shared ways they already have. 

“My favorite part of the conference was being able to interact with students from different schools. We talked about ways to help out in our community,” says West.

Club members got inspiration for activities and volunteer opportunities for future Interact Club events. They learned about the Rotary Club members and the work they do. 

Attending this conference is recommended to any future Interact Club member. 

“I definitely think anyone interested in the conference should go. It was pretty fun for my freshman year, and I think I will attend next year too,” says West.