PARENTS TRACK CHILDREN, CAUSE LACK OF TRUST

On average, 84% of parents use apps to track their children. Tracking your children can lead to trust issues in relationships at home.

Tracking your children causes them to become more sneaky.

When teenagers know their parents are watching them, they find ways to do things behind their backs. Teens being sneaky could be dangerous. According to Bright Canary, “If your child feels too monitored, they may be more likely to try and evade location tracking and engage in risky behavior while they’re off-the-grid.” If teens have a reasonable amount of freedom, they will be less likely to rebel. 

Other parents believe that tracking their children is keeping them safe. While this could be true, they will find ways around doing what they want. It is better to have a trustful relationship, so rebelling won’t occur. 

Parents need to build a strong bond with their children. Teenagers should feel comfortable enough to tell their parents what they will be doing and where they will be at all times. Boundaries should always be occurring, but telling the truth is better than sneaking around and getting into dangerous situations. 

Damaged trust is nothing any parent wants to have with their children. Building trust while still setting boundaries will leave teenagers feeling comfortable to be honest with their parents and stay out of trouble.