STEELERS MAKE OFF-SEASON MOVES

The Pittsburgh Steelers season is over, and they are looking to improve their team throughout the off-season. 

The Steelers made the playoffs last season but were first round exits. They are going to try to make some additions as well as cut some players for the sake of winning more next year.

Pittsburgh has already made some cuts to gain more cap space. They have released backup QB Mitch Trubisky, P Pressley Harvin III, C Mason Cole and S Keanu Neal. The Steelers cut these people in hopes of getting more assets for the upcoming season.

There are some other players that may end up cutting in the near future such as CB/S Patrick Peterson. They are also looking to reconstruct Alex Highsmith and Cam Heywards’s contracts to save more money.

“Veteran Steelers CB Patrick Peterson is yet another player who will be interesting to watch this week,” says Dave Bryan.

The Steelers have been searching for new players to acquire this off-season. The number one target for them is Bears QB Justin Fields. He has played fairly well for Chicago and has a lot of potential to be a top tier QB in the Steelers offense. The Steelers have also shown interest in CB L’jaruis Sneed of the Kansas City Chiefs. He would be another amazing addition to the team. He was a big part of the Chiefs winning the superbowl and could be a duo with Joey Porter Jr. 

The Steelers are the second favorite to land Justin Fields behind the Atlanta Falcons. 

“The Steelers have a new offensive coordinator in Arthur Smith and a change at quarterback could coincide with his arrival. Pittsburgh has seven draft picks this year as well and could send one to Chicago in return for Fields,” says Ayrton Ostly.

The Steelers have the 20th pick in the draft this year and are projected to pick a CB or OT. An OT they are predicted to draft in the first round is Amarius Mims from Georgia and in the second round they might draft CB from Alabama Kool-Aid Mckinstry. 

Amarius Mims would make the Steelers offensive line so much better and would be reunited with his former Georgia teammate.

“Broderick Jones’ former teammate and another Georgia Bulldog. Mike Tomlin loves his Georgia Bulldogs. Mims is a true right tackle who would allow Jones to move back to the left side. He’s 6’8 and as massive of a human being as they come,” says Noah Strackbein.