NFL PROSPECTS TAKE OVER COMBINE

This year’s combine was one for the ages, and prospects have taken over the combine year by year, setting ridiculous records. But the combine that was held from February 29th through March 3rd was one of the best ever.

Projected second round receiver Xavier Worthy boosted his stock to become a first rounder in the latest mock draft after posting a 4.21 official 40 yard dash time, setting the 7-year record. The previous record was set by John Ross III, who had injury problems and never really played well in the league. Worthy made it look easy.

Worthy looks to prove that his speed isn’t all he has as a football player.

“Turn on the film the routes there don’t let that lil 40 mess your head up,” says Worthy via Twitter.

The draft also had many offensive linemen, defensive linemen and linebackers run abnormally fast times. Linebackers are usually 230-250 pounds, linemen usually over 300. Many linebackers were timed at sub 4.4s, and many lineman ran sub 5.0s 40s. This is one the fastest classes ever.

Scouts were happy with what they saw and believe this can be one the best classes of all time.

“The 2024 class appears to be very deep at impact positions, and it also has the blue-chip talent necessary to reward the teams at the top of the order,” says Cummings.

Although there were many bright spots, there were some spots that didn’t seem like they’d do well. Many running backs were disappointing, with none really doing well during testing. Some defensive lineman were running as fast as them, which isn’t good at all.

Scouts from all teams weren’t really impressed with this group of backs.

“Just like the Class of 2014, this running back class lacks blue-chip talent. It does, however, offer future NFL starters, with a three-headed monster vying to be the first back off the board. It also boasts quality depth extending into the final rounds. A decade ago, four more backs were selected among the next 20 picks following Sankey. Expect a similar run on runners throughout Day 2 and early Day 3 this year, as well,” says Rang.