BROWNS LOOK FORWARD TO BUILDING NEW STADIUM

The Browns are looking to move locations in the next few years.

The Cleveland Browns are looking for a spot to build a new stadium after buying 176 acres of land in Brook Park, Cleveland on February 8, 2024. 

The Browns are looking to build a new stadium in the next upcoming years to upgrade their stadium and location. 

With the Browns playing at Cleveland Browns stadium, which was once FirstEnergy Stadium, they are looking for something better. The Browns have made a purchase of 176 acres of land just a thousand feet away from Cleveland Hopkins International Airport. The Browns stadium is about 50 Acres and they purchased triple that amount. 

With a lot of land being bought, there could be a chance just more than a stadium could be built. 

“This is 176 (acres). It’s a much bigger piece of land. They could even expand that if they acquire some of these Park N’ Fly lots that are surrounding the site. That opens up a number of possibilities for restaurants, retail, hotels and more. And the Haslam’s would get a cut of that revenue,” says journalist Ken Prendergast.

With NFL team owners always competing with the best stadium, the Browns and the NFL  could be looking at something that hasn’t been seen before. Also, with an airport right next to the stadium, teams could get off the plane and be right outside of the stadium they are going to play at.  

This could be a huge deal for players, fans and people who go to the games. Also, the people of Cleveland could be seeing a lot of change in their city. 

“Who else in the NFL can say ‘I can walk off a plane and go through an enclosed climate-protected passageway and be in my seat without ever going outside,'” says Prendergast.

There is a lot of good in the team getting a new stadium, but there could also be issues with it. A big thing in Cleveland sports is the First Energy blimp that flies over the city. If the Browns were to move to Brook Park, they wouldn’t be able to do that.

Although it doesn’t sound like a big deal for some people, it’s more of a tradition.

“There’s some value to be gained for a blimp flying over your stadium and providing views of your Downtown skyline on national TV, you’re not going to get that with the team in Brook Park,” says Prendergast.