SLAINA ADMIRES HER JOB

Isabella Sferra
Mrs. Slaina is one the secretaries at SHS.

Mrs. Slaina is a secretary at Struthers High School. She has been working at the high school for 4 years now. She also worked at Struthers Elementary School for 3 years and before that, she was a preschool teacher with Mahoning County Head Start. 

When working, it is important to find a career you love and can see yourself doing for the rest of your life. 

Slania loves what she does and loves everything about her job.

“If I was given the opportunity to go back and choose another career path, I don’t think that I would change anything. I truly enjoy going to work every day, and I know many people cannot say the same,” says Slania.

If you get the chance to work with your family, you can be extremely lucky. 

Mrs. Slaina gets to work and see her family at the same time, and she loves it. 

“I am very fortunate to be able to come to work every day and see some of my own family members in the same building. We are all close, so luckily, for us, it is never an issue, and even at times has some adventures. I also loved being in the building as my daughters while they were in school,” says Slania. 

When it comes to jobs, there are things many of us overlook without even noticing. 

Secretaries’ jobs aren’t as easy as they seem. 

“There is one thing that I can think of very quickly that I feel most students don’t realize that secretaries do and it is searching for students who are not where they’re supposed to be. It happens too often and students do not realize the time it has just wasted trying to track them down,” says Slaina.

View Comments (2)