HILL BOUNCES INTO SENIOR SEASON

Ava Pokopatz
Hannah Hill, junior, is ready for her last year of tennis and cheerleading.

Hannah Hill is a junior here at Struthers High School, going into her senior year tennis season. The team is starting to prepare for their upcoming season. 

The Wildcats had a very successful season this year, and are looking to do the same, if not better, this upcoming season. They need to fill the missing space of the seniors this year, but once they do that, they will be great. Losing seniors in any sport is hard because it’s like you are missing a part of a family. 

It’s going to be a challenge for them to find their groove without the seniors there to guide them. 

“For me personally, I am already pretty sad about the seniors leaving this year. I am very close with both of them, and they both brought so much to the team. With Lexie being my doubles partner and Gabby being our number 1 singles, I think it’s going to be a little hard without them 100 percent,” says Hill. 

Becoming a senior has a lot of responsibilities that come with it. When everything fails, the whole team looks at you to step up and take action. You are also known as a leader on the team. You need to understand what is going on at all times and help everyone else understand. 

Looking up to a past senior can really show you how you are supposed to act when it’s your turn to step up.

“I am very excited to be a senior next year. I feel like the seniors that I have had to lead me these past years have been very good role models, and I feel prepared to take on the senior leadership role,” says Hill. 

Becoming a senior makes you realize that it is all slowly coming to an end. It hits you how fast high school has truly gone. Playing your last is such a hard experience because you’ve worked so hard your whole middle and/or high school career just for it all to end on a random day. 

Being a senior gives you a sense of excitement because you get to be the leader. 

“I would say that I am both excited and scared to be a senior because one part of me doesn’t want it to be over, then the other part of me is excited to be able to lead my teammates,” says Hill.