PENGUINS DOMINATE OVERTIME

PENGUINS DOMINATE OVERTIME
Google

The Penguins hosted the Milwaukee Panthers on February 8th. The final score was 97-85 in overtime. 

The Penguins went into halftime down 43-37. BJ Freeman led the Panthers with 24 points and 2 steals. 

YSU out scored the Panthers 40-34 in the 2nd half. Ziggy Reid led the Penguins with 28 points and added 7 rebounds. 

Coach Calhoun credited Gabe Dynes for contributing a lot into this game. 

“Obviously with seven blocks from a freshman he changes the game, that’s why we recruited him,” says Calhoun. 

Brett Thompson and Bryson Langdon both contributed by adding 20 points each. 

Calhoun praises the Panthers for how hard they played. 

“I think Milwaukee was resilient, you got to give him a lot of credit,” says Calhoun. 

DJ Burns led the Penguins with 12 points and 12 rebounds. Brett Thompson added 5 assists. 

Calhoun is already preparing and hoping that the fans will bring the energy against Green Bay. 

“Hopefully all those people can come to the game at 1:30. We should be sold out, we should be getting the party deck out of there, we should be lifting those bleachers up,” says Calhoun.