DEAN LOOKS FORWARD TO UPCOMING TRACK SEASON

Ava Pokopatz
Dior Dean, senior, runs track as a hurdler for the Cats.

Dior Dean is a 17-year-old athlete at Struthers High School. She has been running track since a young age and has a very deep passion for it. 

The track team has had very good past teams and this year; they plan to excel and put a lot of hard work and dedication into the season. 

Dean has some upset feelings about it being her senior year, but plans to make it her best year yet with leading the team.

“I am sad about being a senior because it is my last year doing the sport that I love, but I feel confident in leading the team to success,” says Dean.

Dean has gained experience over the years, loves her events and has won many races in the past years. With Dean running hurdles, she has to make sure she is ready and prepared because hurdles are the first running event. 

Dean has a committed attitude to dominate on the track this season. 

“Before running hurdles, I always warm up to the best of my ability. I am going to be focused and make sure to push myself 100% when doing my event,” says Dean.

With this being Dean’s last year, there are definitely going to be some hard feelings at the end of the season, but she is determined to do whatever it takes to make sure her team is unstoppable.

“I am not ready for the season to end, but I am going to make the best of it and make sure all my teammates are in the zone and not thinking negatively about a meet or event,” says Dean.