CLEVELAND BROWNS HIRE NEW OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR FOR UPCOMING SEASON

Ken Dorsy is the new offensive coordinator for the Cleveland Browns.

The Cleveland Browns hired a new offensive coordinator, Ken Dorsy, from the Buffalo Bills for the 2024-2025 NFL season on February 5, 2024.

The Browns are looking to improve their offense in the off-season, and this is one of their ways to do so. 

Dorsy has spent his last 5 seasons with the Buffalo Bills and started out as a Quarterback coach. He later on got a promotion to offensive coordinator in the 2021-2022 season. He has been the offensive coordinator since then. 

Dorsy has over 16 years of experience in this league and has taught some of the best QB’s in the NFL today. 

“Ken has worked with and elevated some of the top quarterbacks in this league and will bring a fresh approach to our offense, he knows what it takes to be successful at that position as he was one of the most successful college quarterbacks of all time and that has helped him become a tremendous coach,” says Head Coach Kevin Stefanski.

Dorsy first got hired with the Carolina Panthers in 2011. He coached with QB Cam Newton and at one point, Cam was a tremendous QB and led the league. Dorsy even went to a Superbowl with the Panthers but lost to the Broncos in Super Bowl 50. In 2020, when Dorsy was with the Bills, he helped QB Josh Allen finish 2nd in the MVP voting that year and helped him set many franchise records for the Bills. 

With Dorsy’s history with coaching, the Browns are excited and ready to get to work.

“He has a history with this team and knows what the Browns mean to this city. We are very excited to bring in Ken as offensive coordinator,” says Stefanski.

The Browns lost to the Texans 45-14 in the Wildcard round of the playoffs. Stefanski broke the news to former Browns offensive coordinator, Alex Van Pelt that he was fired. The Browns, even with many struggles in the season, still found a way to get themselves into the playoffs. 

The Brown’s offense did an overall good job coaching but was ready for a change just days after the loss. 

“He’s awesome, who has led the Browns to the playoffs twice in four seasons. I’ve enjoyed every second with him. He’s coached a lot of football, different schemes. His ability to change on a dime based on who this player is, his starter at quarterback I thought has been really remarkable,” says Van Pelt on Stefanski.