BUNDY TAKES TRACK

Ava Pokopatz
Ayla Bundy is a SHS and MCCTC senior.

Ayla Bundy is a senior at Struthers High School, but she attends MCCTC for nursing. She has been dancing ever since she was a little girl. She ended up wanting to try something new. The thought of track entered her mind and now that is what she will be doing for her senior year. 

Bundy manages her time well. 

“I do have a job. I work at Woodlands and it is a nursing home. I work as a nurse aide and I work around 40-50 hours a week. I will plan to come into work a little later, so then I can participate in both activities,” says Bundy. 

She is great with managing her time wisely, and she pushes herself to be able to do both things that she wants to do. By cutting an hour or so from her work schedule, she’ll be able to run and still make money at the same time. But for her weekends, that may be a little rough for her to figure out. 

Bundy joined the track team for various reasons. 

“I decided to run track because I wanted to create a new experience for my senior year and get in better shape to prepare me for basic training in the summer,” says Bundy. 

Bundy is going away for the military in the summer to start her training, so therefore, a sport such as track would be a great benefit for her. She has many different opportunities with going to the military. Bundy has been thinking about doing track for a little while now. She has finally decided to run for her senior year. 

Bundy looks forward to the bonds she will make with her teammates. 

“I am looking forward to creating new relationships with people and making memories to remember from my last year of high school,” says Bundy. 

Bundy has been to almost every single football game for her senior year. She thought of another way to get close with her classmates from her home school since she does attend MCCTC.  Running track will let her make more friends and have lifelong memories with her classmates.