ALLEN STRIKES INTO FUTURE

Mackinzie Allen (third from left in back row), senior, helped the girls bowling tean reach the state competition back-to-back years.
WKBN
Mackinzie Allen (third from left in back row), senior, helped the girls’ bowling tean reach the state competition back-to-back years.

Mackinzie Allen is a 19-year-old senior and bowler at Struthers High School, but she currently goes to MCCTC. 

Allen started bowling at Camelot at 10 years old, and when she started high school, she joined the Wildcats bowling team.

She started bowling for fun and other reasons.

“I joined bowling to get into more sports and get more active,” says Allen.

Her favorite part of bowling is having a team and people you can rely on. Her least favorite part of bowling is waking up on days they don’t have school for a match or a tournament.

The season has been really good so far.

“It’s been amazing. I think this year has been the best out of all 4 years of me bowling,” says Allen.

In the future, the bowler wants to go to college for a culinary program. Allen wants to participate in the Disney culinary program in Florida. She wants to be a cook on cruise boats and travel the world. 

Unfortunately, it’s likely that she will not take the time to become a pro bowler in the future.

“Because the culinary program takes so much of your time, I won’t have time for bowling,” says Allen.