“AFTER” GRASPS TENSION OF TRUE LOVE

Google

“After” is a 2019 American romantic drama film. It was directed by Jenny Gage, who co-wrote the film with Susan McMartin, Tamara Chestna, and Tom Betterton. The film is based on the 2014 novel “After” by Anna Todd.

The film stars Hero Fiennes Tiffin and Josephine Langford and follows a young woman named Tessa (Langford), who begins a love story with a mysterious bad boy named Hardin (Tiffin), during her first months of college. Tessa goes through an emotional rollercoaster as she navigates the complications that love comes with. They keep hurting each other, but they always find each other in the end. The film goes through themes of passion, identity and the power of love.

In a scene where Hardin is sharing something personal and emotional to Tessa, the song, “Lovely” by Billie Eilish and Khalid plays. This eerie but beautiful song enhances the emotional perspective of the scene. This adds to the movie’s theme. The lyrics of the song relate to the struggles and pain of the relationship.

In a loving and heartfelt scene, the song, “Falling” by Harry Styles plays. This is a deeply emotional song that shows feelings of longing and heartache. The lyrics read a sense of honesty. The emotional weight of “Falling” adds to the tension and drama of the scene, which adds to the significance of the scene.

This film was an emotional roller coaster that goes over and over again. Its rating is a 7/10.