VOLUNTEERING OFFERS MANY BENEFITS

VOLUNTEERING OFFERS MANY BENEFITS
Google

Volunteering helps connect you with the people around you, make new friends, increase your social and relationship skills, and it is good for your mind and body.

There are so many benefits that come with volunteering. The impact that volunteer work has on a community is extreme. 

Volunteering can increase your happiness and lessen depression. The reason that volunteering can cause this increase in happiness is because helping others ignites happiness in oneself and others. According to the article “Benefits of Community Service,” “Helping others kindless happiness, as many studies have demonstrated. When researchers at the London School of Economics examined the relationship between volunteering and measures of happiness in a large group of American adults, they found the more people volunteered, the happier they were, according to a study in Social Science and Medicine.” Volunteering has many benefits, and one of them mainly being an increase in happiness for everyone involved. 

Some people believe that volunteering is pointless because it takes up free time and does not provide any personal benefit or personal gain. But this information is not true, and it is proven by research that there are multiple benefits to volunteer work. It can set you up for success for the future and increase the mental health of everyone around you. 

To increase volunteer work and the benefits that come with it as a society, people have to start communicating with the head of the volunteer group, form teams and friendships, use social media and make the volunteer options accessible and family-friendly. 

Overall, volunteering has an extremely positive effect on society and the people in it. It can increase happiness all around, increase social skills, is good for the mind and body, could be good for the environment and can advance your career and future experiences.