“THE BABYSITTER” BRINGS COMEDY, HORROR TOGETHER

Google

“The Babysitter” is a 2017 teen horror and dark comedy film directed by McG and written by Brian Duffield. It stars Samara Weaving, Judah Lewis, King Bach, Hana Mae Lee, Robbie Amell and Bella Thorne.

The story revolves around a bullied boy named Cole and his attractive babysitter, Bee, who he thought was someone he could trust with everything. While sneaking around at night, he discovers his babysitter and best friend is part of a satanic cult that wants to kill him. He faces multiple attacks throughout the night from members of the cult and nearly dies. With trouble, and help from his crush Melanie, he is able to escape.

While Cole is trying to make his final escape from Bee (Cole’s babysitter), he burns the sacred book that belonged to the cult. Reminiscing on being bullied, Cole runs away and escapes, and scenes cut back to Bee trying to recover the book. During this, the song, “We are the Champions” by Queen plays. In the scene, there are flashbacks of Cole getting bullied, fights with his parents, and as well as memorable memories with his no-longer babysitter. Many believe this song was played to show Cole’s confidence and accomplishment.

“The Babysitter” brings laughter to the viewers through its funny mix of humor and horror. The comedy in the movie is light and mostly revolves around Cole’s unexpected encounters with his babysitter and the cult members throughout the night. Despite the characters being in a cult, the majority of the encounters they had with Cole had a comical touch. It’s a dark humor that many viewers enjoy.

The story continues in the movie, “The Babysitter: Killer Queen (2020).” Many feel the horror, along with the comedy in the film, was the perfect touch. Its rating is 8/10.