CRACRAFT TAKES HOME WIN

Isabella Sferra
Mr. Cracraft is the boys and girls tennis coach.

Mr. Cracraft is a counselor at Struthers Middle School and the boys’ and girls’ tennis coach at Struthers High School. 

Cracraft has been coaching tennis for over 20 years. He has been teaching in Struthers for over 20 years, but spent a few in Trumbull County before. 

Cracraft has passion for his job; although, it was never his dream. 

“I never really had a dream job, but I do love doing what I do,” says Cracraft. 

Mr. Cracraft went to Hubbard High School before attending YSU. After YSU, he attended Westminster for his masters degree. 

Cracraft is very proud of the team’s progress that they have made last season. They exceeded their goal and won the conference. 

“This year’s team exceeded expectations. They really wanted to win the conference and they went out and did it. We have had other years in the past where the team has exceeded expectations,” says Cracraft. 

Cracraft started teaching math at the Trumbull County Career and Technical Center before coming to Struthers in 1999. He taught math at Struthers High School and middle school.  

The coach believes the best part of his job is seeing the team’s progress grow from day 1 to the end. 

“Watching the teams start from scratch and never playing before and reaching goals they set themselves or the team has set. The teams have always done a great job getting better from their first day,” says Cracraft. 

Coach Cracraft absolutely loves his job. Working with incredible students and players is the reason he has been doing it for so long.