MICKLER MEETS ALL TEACHER SUCCESSES

Isabella Sferra
Mrs. Mickler has been teaching at Struthers for 17 years.

Mrs. Mickler is a teacher at Struthers High School who teaches all of the Journalism classes, an Honors English class for juniors, and ACT prep. 

Mickler has been a teacher at Struthers for 17 years and has no regrets doing what she loves. It might be a little time consuming for her now, but she still enjoys her job.

The best part of her teaching career is being with students in and out of the classroom. She likes the different students she gets throughout the years and even in the day.

“I love all of my classes; they are all different. I love ACT Prep because students have great success by the end of the quarter; Honors English 11 is so much fun because I have so much fun with the content; I love Journalism because I get to have some students year after year,” says the Journalism teacher.

Being a teacher for over a decade develops a lot of challenges and difficulties to overcome. Mickler does an awesome job at maintaining all of the obstacles in teaching. 

Mickler gives her best advice, effort, attitude and teaching skills to the school every day. 

“Giving thorough feedback in a timely manner to all of my students and being on point each and every day can be somewhat of a challenge in the day,’’ says Mickler.

Teaching three different subjects isn’t enough for Mickler in her eyes. She is in charge of many clubs at Struthers and in charge of the school dances Struthers has.

Struthers has incredible students to take on the clubs and they are: Interact Club, Future Teachers Club, Medical Careers Club, Student Prints and the National Honor Society.

“I love to interact and be with students outside of school. It shows me a different side to them, and I get to see them reach their full potential in different ways. I’ve made such great relationships with so many wonderful students throughout the years,” says the teacher.