“A CHRISTMAS STORY” RINGS IN HOLIDAY TO ALL

The holiday season has officially arrived. “A Christmas Story” has been out for many years along with other movies that feature a merry mood towards all members of the family.

“A Christmas Story” and “A Christmas Story: Christmas” are Christmas movies that feature the life of Ralphie. The first movie expresses young Ralphie with the hopes of getting his Red Ryder BB gun. The second movie expresses an older Ralphie that tries to provide the best Christmas for his family. Ralphie is played by Peter Billingsley in both movies. Not only that, but the majority of the characters are played by the same actors in the first movie, bringing back that same Christmas energy.

In the first movie of “A Christmas Story,” Ralphie grew a fascination with Red Ryder and his BB gun. He tried to tell his mom that he wanted it, but she didn’t want to get it for him because of the famous phrase: “You’ll shoot your eye out.” Ralphie then makes it to December with no hopes of receiving his Red Ryder. Nevertheless, he continues on with his Christmas spirit, even if things don’t go his way. This movie was filmed in Cleveland, and the house that the story was filmed in has grown famous.

In “A Christmas Story: Christmas,” young Ralph grew up and had a job and family. He works as an author and tries to write his new story. As he tries to make his family’s Christmas the best it can be, he comes upon many obstacles. Some of which are finding a star for the tree and dealing with his children’s bullies. The movie relates to the first movie down to the narration and more. This movie was filmed in the same exact house to bring together the key memorable features of the first story.

These two movies express holiday cheer and celebration very much. For people with a high Christmas spirit, these films are a must watch. It is rated a 5/5.