INTERNET ACCESS SHOULD BE LIMITED FOR CHILDREN

Many people argue about when kids should be allowed to have free access to the internet. But since they are so young, most of the information that you find on the internet will be deemed inappropriate for them. 

Children under the age 13 should not be allowed to have unrestricted access to the internet.

A majority of kids have been influenced by the dark side of social media. They can listen to rude songs or watch violent content. This can cause their actions to become violent or their personalities to be drastically changed since they are so young. Children also don’t understand the severity of their actions, like the things they say, post, or do.  The internet can be a positive influence on children if screen time and accounts are being controlled by a parent, but most of the time that is not the case and the influence that it has on them is negative. According to the article “Should Internet Access For Children Be Restricted,” “These behaviors could be through the influence of big creators on apps which do a lot of questionable actions for more views. Children are often very gullible, and they will do things they hear on the internet. Kids do not think twice about their actions and will not think of possible consequences.”

Many people believe that kids under the age of 13 should have complete freedom when it comes to the internet. They argue that it is dramatic and controlling to limit screen time and believe that it takes away the freedom and the ability to find interests, but this is not true. Children whose internet access is limited will still have the freedom and fun that comes with social media, but without the negative and dangerous aspects. 

Kids would be much safer if their parents limit their internet access. To implement this, parents could start to supervise their kids’ accounts and posts. They could also start to give a limited amount of screen time and content that they have access to. Some apps can be inappropriate for children to have, so if parents could have control over this, then it could protect children. 

Children under the age of 13 should have limited access to the internet. The internet is a dangerous place for kids and could have a very negative impact. As long as access to the internet is being controlled by a parent then social media, and the internet can be a very positive place for learning and fun.