CHARLIE BROWN CHRISTMAS STILL BRINGS NOSTALGIA

Google

Charlie Brown is depressed during the holiday season because of his constant feeling of unappreciation.

Charlie Brown is stunned when he finds out everyone but him had received a Christmas card. This adds on to his constant feelings of animosity and pointlessness towards Christmas. Charlie confesses his feelings of depression with his frenemy, Violet. To try and relieve him of depression, she gives him the task of directing the school Christmas play. Charlie becomes very controlling when directing the play, and he is never happy with any of the scenes of the play. All of the children eventually get tired of Charlie and tell him to get a big and sparkly Christmas tree with his friend, Linus. Charlie and Linus find a small, skinny, wooden tree. He brings back the tree, and Violet is not happy. All of the children laugh at Charlie and the tree. Charlie starts to decorate the tree but ultimately gives up when it doesn’t look right. Eventually, all of the children find the tree and help decorate it. Charlie sees this and finally feels appreciation for something he’s done.

The music in the beginning of the song is an ensemble of all the children of the movie, which is known as “Christmas Time is Here.” This specific song at the beginning of the movie gives it an older Christmas setting. Throughout most of the movie, there is a piano that is playing. This gives the movie a very domestic feeling.

Towards the end of the movie, all of the children sing “Hark the Herald Angels.” They all sing with excitement and joy. This is what Charlie Brown finally gets to feel about Christmas. With the animation being solely cartoon based, the way the children sing versus the time when the actual sound of their voices is very delayed.

Overall, the movie deserves a 9/10. This is because of the wholesome feeling one feels when watching it. This movie should be recommended for children of any age who are curious about the true meaning of Christmas.