DONOFRIO TAKES ON VARSITY BOWLING

Ava Pokopatz
Angelna Donofrio, freshman, is a multi-sport athlete.

Angelina Donofrio is a freshman student-athlete at Struthers High School.

Donofrio competes on the Struthers varsity bowling team. She is the only freshman girl on the bowling team. 

Donofrio started bowling at a young age and was influenced by the people in her life to start competing. 

“I started bowling when I was 7 once I saw my brother and dad bowl. My dad works at the bowling alley, so I would go up there in my free time and bowl. Once I started, I really enjoyed it and have liked it ever since,” says Donofrio.

Donofrio is a multi-sport athlete and is excited to take on bowling this season. While juggling bowling, cheer and volleyball, she is still able to keep up with her grades.

She feels very strongly about her sport and has very few regrets about her bowling career, but there is one thing that she wishes she would’ve done differently.

“I wish I wouldn’t have left it, I stopped bowling for about 2 years, and it is my first year back since then. I feel it wouldn’t be as difficult for my freshman year if I would have stayed and continued doing the sport I have loved for a while,” says Donofrio.

She is very excited for the upcoming season. While she is a bit nervous about being on varsity, she is very confident in her team and coaches and believes the season will go far.

She has a lot of reasons she’s good at her sport, but one of her main reasons is the person who inspires her the most.

“My dad is definitely my biggest role model for bowling. He is also one of the high school coaches this year, so I am really excited to have him coach me for my freshman year,’ says Donofrio.