AI CHANGES THE WORLD : M3GAN

The horror movie “M3GAN” emerges as a very haunting film. The film has a way to resonate technology with fear. AI M3GAN becomes a terrifying villain that manipulates its owners.

This movie revolves around Gemma and Cady. Gemma is a roboticist and is trying to change the world with super advanced technology. Gemma is trying to get Cady (Gemma’s niece) to meet M3GAN at her workplace so they can communicate and interact with each other. Gemma’s overall goal is to get Cady to be friends with M3GAN, so they can link together. M3GAN further reveals that she has a mind of her own and that she’s evil/possessed. M3GAN then goes on a killing spree. After killing quite a bit of people, she then tries to kill Gemma and Cady to protect herself from them trying to disable her.

This film heavily integrates advanced technology into the horror movie; its central theme relies on technology. It shows how AI sometimes can’t be safe/trusted and is still very dangerous. It also shows how AI can go as far as to think and control themselves. It also makes us aware of how AI can impact our human lives and destroy so many things in our society.

The movie really explores and depicts the relationship between humans and artificial intelligence. It shows how the AI and Cady interact with each other differently, it then reveals how they adapt to one another. Towards the end of the movie, it makes its viewers aware of how different AI and humans are from each other by showing how Cady and M3GAN fall apart.

Many viewers really liked how the movie shows the differences of AI and humans and consequences that result in using advanced technology. Its rating is a 10/10.