BRONCOS WIN FIVE STRAIGHT

The Denver Broncos have won five straight games after a win on Sunday, November 26 against the Cleveland Browns.

The Denver Broncos are the second seed in the AFC West, only behind the 8-3 Kansas City Chiefs. The Broncos are still in the hunt for a playoff game, so if they are able to win out, it almost guarantees a spot in the playoffs.

After a horrific 1-5 start, the Denver Broncos looked as if they were done for the season. They were on the wrong end of a brutal beatdown week 3 losing to the Miami Dolphins 70-20. However, Denver looks to have started a complete 180. The Broncos are winners of their last five games including wins over the Kansas City Chiefs, the Cleveland Browns, and the Buffalo Bills. With these wins, the Broncos are now looking at a playoff shot, something that would have never been dreamt of after week 6.

Broncos Head Coach, Sean Payton, believes turnovers played a huge factor in their winning streak.

“If you’re looking at the league in general with anywhere from 11 to 14 possessions per game. When you take it away, you get one, they get one less. You take two away you get two more, they get two less and just do the math so um it was it was at that one and five mark that we were not real good with that and then since that mark we’ve been really good with that,” says Payton.

The Broncos had a pretty demanding win week 12 versus the Cleveland Browns, winning 29-12. Denver’s defense held the Browns power rushing offense to only 100 yards on the ground while averaging 3.8 yards per carry. The Broncos defense was especially excellent on third down stopping the Browns 11/13 times, only giving up 2 conversions. 

They were able to get to Dorian Thompson-Robinson four times.

Broncos defensive lineman Mike Purcell believes they can keep their win streak going after a huge win versus the Browns.

“Five in a row, that’s huge. Five in a row and in the NFL I mean it’s not an easy thing to do so for us it’s we gotta keep going we got a long stretch of away games and none of them are going to be easy so got to keep going,” says Purcell.

In order to keep the winning streak alive, the Broncos are going to have to take down the Texans Sunday, December 3rd. The Texans also come in with a record of 6-5 and look to be just warming up behind rookie quarterback, C.J Stroud. The Texans come into the game as a 2-point over the Broncos. The Texans high powered offense is ranked 10th in the league while the Broncos have the 29th ranked defense in the league. If the Broncos can get a couple stops on defense, they can win their sixth in a row.

Texans Quarterback C.J Stroud talks about how tough of an opponent the Broncos are.

“They’re really talented um definitely up front two former teammates of M Baron and uh CP who set The Edge really well they make plays um high for guys great great rushing the ball you got to be uh keep two hands on the ball they try to get the ball out a lot and uh Simmons 31 is a great player Justin of course is I think uh if he’s not the best corner he’s definitely top three um but I he’s my favorite Corner in the league right now I got a lot of respect for that guy so we got our hands full man they’re they’re a great team,” says Stroud.