COLE TAKES ON BASKETBALL SEASON

Tommy Cole, sophomore, is a guard for the Cats.
Frank Marr

Tommy Cole is a 16-year-old sophomore at Struthers High School. Cole is a guard on the Struthers boys’ varsity basketball team. 

Cole has had his hands on a basketball since he was 3 years old. Cole has loved the excitement of playing for so many years. 

Cole looks forward to the basketball games and watching his teammates succeed on the court. 

“I love watching the game and the excitement it brings. I look forward to the fast-paced action, the dunks and the teamwork on the court,” says Cole. 

With the boys’ basketball team being a younger group of boys, they might face some challenges but none that they couldn’t handle. 

Cole thinks the team is excited, but thinks they might be inexperienced. 

“That we are a very young group and we didn’t get a lot of varsity minutes last year,” says Cole. 

With a young team, they all manage to pull through to be the best they can be. Cole is looking forward to this season, since this season is going to be much different from his last season.

Cole will do his best to keep his teammates motivated and on the right track through the whole season. 

“To stay motivated and focused all season we all just need to be positive, including myself and not argue when we make mistakes,” says Cole.