GELONESE EXPERIENCES HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL

Frank Marr
Adrian Gelonese enjoyed his freshman experience on the varsity football team.

Adrian Gelonese is a 9th grade student-athlete at Struthers High School.

Gelonese plays for the high school’s football team. He was chosen to dress for the varsity team with only a few other freshmen.

Gelonese feels strongly about football and wants to take it farther in his career.

“It’s 110% my favorite thing to do and my favorite sport overall, and it’s something I want to do long term,” says Gelonese.

He is very glad to have the ability to play football with the older boys. He thinks it’s a great opportunity and is very happy to be around the rest of the team.

Being chosen to dress for the varsity team makes him feel like he’s done what he’s been working for.

“It makes me feel like I accomplished what I worked for. I want to get to a point I’ve never been before. I always want to get better and be the best version of myself because if I do that I feel I will get better,” says the athlete. 

Gelonese plays basketball and football, while also keeping up with school. Although he finds it difficult to juggle school with sports, he stays dedicated and keeps his grades up. He had a 4.0 GPA last 9 weeks and is continuing to work and keep it there. 

Gelonese started playing when he was in 4th grade and has grown a love for the sport and all of the opportunities it presents to him.

“I love football because getting to play with people that are older than me gives me role models to be like when I’m older. Football became my favorite sport, and it’s always something I can rely on for friends and something to do,” says Gelonese.