HILL CONTINUES HISTORIC RECEIVING YEAR

Tyreek Hill is a wide receiver for the Dolphins.

Tyreek Hill is on pace to have over 2,000 receiving yards after an outstanding week 8 performance at home on Sunday, October 29.

If Hill can hit this 2,000 yard mark, he will beat former Detroit Lions wide receiver Calvin Johnson’s single season receiving record (1,964).

After a week 8 win that saw wide receiver Hill have 112 receiving yards and a touchdown versus the Patriots defense, he is on pace to break the single season receiving record set in 2012 by Calvin Johnson. Hill has had 1,014 receiving yards over 8 games which is the most for any wide receiver. His speed was too much for the Patriots’ defensive backs which allowed for 8 grabs. Hill had big play after big play, averaging 14 yards per reception.

Hill has been predicting this kind of historic season back in July on his podcast. 

“It needed to be said,” says Hill.

“Two thousand yards was on my bucket list to get before I leave this league–2,000 yards and another Super Bowl–and we getting that. Believe that,” says Hill.

Hill’s best game of the year came from week one of the NFL season against the Chargers. He caught 11 passes for 215 yards and found the endzone twice. He averaged 19.5 yards per reception and caught a 47 yard bomb for his longest reception of the night. 

Hill was feeling strong after an impressive performance believing that nobody can keep up with him in coverage.

“I always feel like nobody can guard me. As a competitor, if you ask anybody in our room they’ll say the same thing,” says Hill.

To keep on pace to break an NFL record, Hill must have another impressive performance against his former team, the Kansas City Chiefs. The Dolphins take on the Chiefs in Frankfurt, Germany on Sunday, November 5. With the Chiefs going into Germany as a 2 point favorite, Hill has to play well to boost the Dolphins record to 7-2.

Hill is ready for the game and to see his former teammates, especially his former quarterback, Patrick Mahomes.

“I’m looking forward to it. Obviously, we’re playing against the Chiefs, so it’s going to be a fun game to see some old faces, and yeah, just get after it, talk trash to my old quarterback,” says Hill.