AFC NORTH STAYS ON TOP

Google
Steelers released Canada as the offensive coordinator.

The Pittsburgh Steelers’ division is one of, if not the best division in all of the NFL. This division is the AFC North which includes the Baltimore Ravens, Cleveland Browns,  Cincinnati Bengals and obviously the Pittsburgh Steelers. As of right now, they are all in the playoffs. 

If every team from this division were to make the playoffs, it would make NFL history because no other division has done it before.

If the playoffs started right now every AFC North team would be in the playoffs. The Ravens are at the top of the division with a 7-2 record. Steelers are second with a 5-3 record, Browns are third with a 5-3 record, and Bengals are fourth with a 5-3 record.

With these records every team can still somehow make the playoffs

“In the AFC, all four teams in the AFC North would be in the playoffs if the season ended today,” says Jordan Dajani.

History will be made if every team gets into the playoffs at the end of the season. It was recently made possible by having three Wildcard teams that can make playoffs. This is by far the most competitive division in the league, so it may be hard but it is definitely a possibility. 

History may be made now that it actually can happen. 

“The NFL has never had every team in a division make the playoffs, mostly because it hasn’t been possible for most of NFL history. But the current format of four-team divisions and three wild card teams in each conference makes it possible, and the AFC North could do it this year,” says Michael David Smith.

The probability of this happening is about a seven percent chance which is very low, but crazier things have happened in the NFL. Fans of the AFC North would be very excited to see this happen.

The odds of it happening are very small but still possible. 

“As things stand entering Week 10, the AFC North quartet of Baltimore (7-2), Pittsburgh (5-3), Cincinnati (5-3) and Cleveland (5-3) would all be in the AFC postseason field, but the SportsLine Projection Model only gives that a 6.7% shot of happening,” says Matt Severance.