HOWARD PREPARES FOR WEEK 14

Frank Marr
Na’Jier Howard, senior, is a quarterback for the Cats.

Najier Howard is a 17-year-old quarterback at Struthers High School. Howard has been playing football since he was just six years old. 

Howard is #9 in football and has led the team very far in the playoffs this year. 

Howard’s favorite thing in football is when he gets the chance to throw the ball.

“Being with my teammates outside of football and the chances I get to throw,” says Howard.

With this being the first time in Struthers history that our boys have made it this far, they have already made a name for themselves in the best way. 

Howard is doing everything in his power to lead his team in the right direction, as this is his final year at Struthers. 

“I was getting many of our boys to the field at the time in the offseason and helping better everyone,” says Howard.

Struthers (10-3) went against Canton South (14-0) on Friday, November 17th at Tallmadge High School.

Howard bettered himself overtime into becoming the player and quarterback he is today but is upset to leave his high school football career behind. 

“I have developed into a way better football player all around at quarterback, but I’m sad to see it end. I know I’m going to college, so it won’t hit until the year ends,” says Howard.