KIDS SHOULD KNOW THE TRUTH ABOUT SANTA

Google

Christmas is a magical time for all, especially when children have the excitement for Santa’s arrival.  But, should kids learn the truth about Santa? 

Kids should believe in Santa for as long as possible.

Every year, kids all around the world wait tirelessly for Santa. Most children don’t understand the truth about Santa, but this makes the Christmas season the most joyful time of the year. According to Business Insider, “Whether you’re writing letters to Santa or reading books about reindeer, your child’s excitement can make the holiday season feel magical when they still believe in Santa.” This argument states children’s beliefs in Santa can really make the season truly special. This is important for them to have this belief to keep the Christmas spirit alive.

Some may argue that the sooner children know, the easier it will be to get over the loss of Santa. Though this is true, many adults think back to the Christmas season as a time when Santa was still relevant in their lives. This is a very important part of a child’s life and can keep their innocence alive.

Keeping the belief alive can really make or break their Christmas season. Once parents tell children Santa isn’t real, the joy of getting to wake up on Christmas morning feels less special, and kids care less about Christmas. Kids should be able to figure out Santa isn’t real on their own time. 

Christmas is surrounded with snow, Santa and presents. This shouldn’t be taken from kids to make the Christmas season easier on parents.