BROWNS MAKE BIG COMEBACK IN AFC RIVALRY MATCH

Deshaun Watson led the Browns to a victory over the Ravens.

The Cleveland Browns pulled off a big comeback against the Baltimore Ravens on Sunday, November 12th in Baltimore by kicking the game winning field goal. 

The Browns have a record of 6-3 and are still tied for 2nd in the AFC North with the Pittsburgh Steelers. The Browns have high hopes at clinching a spot in the playoffs, which hasn’t happened since the 2020 season. 

Coming into the game, the Ravens were looking like one of the best teams in the league after shutting out the number 1 seed in the NFC, Detroit Lions. The Ravens hosting the Browns at home had high hopes at advancing to 8-2 for the number 1 spot in the AFC. 

Ravens were favored to beat the Browns and continue their dominance over the league, but the Browns knew this was a game to test their skill. 

“We did not play well enough, we did not play the kind of winning football that we need to play to win a game like that,” says Ravens Coach John Harbaugh.

The Browns were down 31-17 half way through the 4th quarter. The Browns got the ball, and QB Deshaun Watson connected with WR Elijah Moore in the endzone for the touchdown. The Ravens struggled to move the ball down the field, then CB/S Greg Newsom II took an interception all the way to the endzone for a touchdown to put them down by 1. Kicker Dustin Hopkins missed the extra point to tie the game, and the Ravens got the ball. The Browns defense continued to dominate and they got the ball back. The Browns got into the field goal position with little time left and called a timeout to attempt a field goal for the win. The kick was up and it was good, the Browns won. 

The Browns and all the fans were going crazy to pull off the upset against a division rivalry match. 

“We didn’t back down. It was definitely a big moment for us,” says Watson.

Watson had a huge second half going 14/14 pass attempt with 134 yards and a touchdown. He had taken some big hits during the game and was limping due to a left ankle injury but kept fighting and pushing through everything. 

Watson was in a boot for his left ankle injury after the game and had people worried that he might not be ready to go for the big game against the Steelers on November 19th.

“I’ll be fine. Right now I’m not feeling well, but I’ll be fine, I’ll be ready to go,” says Watson.