LIPTAK GETS PUMPED FOR CHEER SEASON

Addison Liptak, sophomore, is a varsity cheerleader.
Leahcim Lokes Photography

Addison Liptak is a sophomore on the varsity cheerleading squad for the year 2023-2024. 

Liptak loves Friday night football games and always has a great time watching on the sidelines. She gets very excited when Struthers wins a game and is always proud of the SHS football team. She likes hanging out with her closest friends on the sidelines while doing one of her favorite things: cheerleading. 

The cheerleader loves to watch and be a part of every game with her friends.

“My favorite thing about Friday night games is being with my friends and getting to experience each game on the sidelines,” says Liptak.

This past summer, the Struthers Cheerleaders went to cheer camp in Akron, Ohio to learn new routines and skills. The sophomore thinks it had a positive impact on the team because they got to learn a new routine and new tricks with stunting or tumbling. She agrees that it helped every individual improve and helped the team get closer with one another. 

Liptak talks about her and her teammates’ genuine experience at cheer camp this past summer. 

“Overall, it was a good experience for our team. It really helped us as individuals and allowed our team to become closer to each other,” says Liptak. 

The Struthers cheerleaders are attending the Girard cheer competition in November  and Liptak is thrilled to start practicing. She is pretty anxious but also excited for the competition later this year. The cheerleader is ready to start going to practice to perfect their routine and prepare to perform.

Liptak can’t wait to start going to practices and is pumped for the competition day.

“I am really excited for it, and I can’t wait to start preparing,” says Liptak.