HANNA EXPRESSES LOVE FOR CHEER

Senior Cheerleaders (left to right): Lexie Hanna, Laci Ekoniak, Taiya Baraka

Lexie Hanna is a senior cheerleader at Struthers High School.

Hanna has been cheering officially for eight years, ever since the 4th grade. Although, she participated in cheer camps well before that. She is a flyer, but she has also been a backspot and base in previous years.

The cheerleader loves the excitement of football games.

“I love the lights and the excitement of the crowd. It’s a feeling that’s hard to describe and can never be replaced,” says Hanna.

The senior loves the feeling of being up in the air while flying. She also enjoys being under the lights on Friday nights with her team. Hanna loves the feeling of excitement when the players win. 

The athlete will miss her team when she graduates. 

“It makes me very sad, especially because I’ll be leaving so many of my favorite people on the team behind that I’ve known for years,” says Hanna.

After graduating, Hanna is going to college at Bowling Green State University. She plans to major in forensic science. In the future, she is hoping to either become a Toxicologist or a Forensic Scientist. 

The cheerleader is sad that she has to leave her close friends behind.

“I am overall just very grateful that I have gotten the experiences I have, and I’m so lucky to have gotten many opportunities because of cheer throughout high school,” says Hanna.