TIME TRAVEL MOVIE GOES VIRAL

Google

Can time travel still be a good movie topic, or is it still too corny?

“Totally Killer” is a movie that came out this year, which can be watched on Amazon Prime Video. Seventeen-year-old Jamie Hues is a teenager who has a terrible relationship with her mother. She thinks her mother is too overprotective of her social life and too uptight to be around. The reason why her mother has this behavior is because of her post-traumatic stress from all of her friends being murdered by a serial killer in her own youth. This killer is known as “The Sweet Sixteen Killer.” There is also a podcast that is also very involved with the killer. The person that runs the podcast knows Jamie’s mom; his name is Norm Dubasauge. Jamie’s mom is later murdered by the same killer and the police open up an investigation on the killer for the second time since the 80’s. Jamie’s friend, Ameila, is in the process of making a secret time machine by using her mother’s old paper documents. Jamie ends up going in the time machine and ends up in the 80’s. Jamie’s main focus is to try and stop the killer from all attempts at life. Jamie meets her parents as teens and finds out that her mother was a mean girl instead of the good personality person she grew up with. The killer still takes both of her mother’s friends, just in different places. Jamie finds out the killer was her gym teacher that her mother and father bullied as teens. Amelia’s mother also helps Jamie by building a time machine with the same papers. Jamie comes back in the present day to see her mother is alive and well.

The special effects in the movie are very believable. Especially in the scene where Pam’s, Jamie’s mother, friends get murdered. The music adds suspense and terror to these scenes. The colors that are used become very dark when a murder is going to happen, and during the aftermath of these murders, lighter colors are used.

The acting is very good despite some errors. It doesn’t feel like watching a movie, where the characters are always screaming. However, during some of the murder scenes, the acting can be kind of delayed. The screaming won’t match with what the killer is doing.

This movie deserves a 9/10 because it is really long and some of the clips seem to be unnecessary and too out of the blue to be in the movie.