CAROLINA REMAINS WINLESS AFTER 7 WEEKS

Quarterback Bryce Young is doing what he can to lead Carolina to a victory.

The Carolina Panthers remain winless after a crushing loss to the Miami Dolphins on Sunday, October 15th.

The Panthers jumped out to their largest lead of the season (14) in the first quarter against the Dolphins. The first touchdown was a six-yard rush by running back Chuba Hubbard, and the second was an eight-yard pass from Bryce Young to Adam Thielen. 

Head Coach Frank Reich thought the game plan was working very well and Quarterback Bryce Young looked very strong through the first quarter.

“Just thought there was good execution in all three phases. Thought we were running the ball well, had a good mix of run and pass. Hit a chunk play to Adam (Thielen) and then we were able to run it in. That’s the first (touchdown). The second one, we moved it down there, had an incompletion on first down and then Bryce (Young) made a great throw to Adam in the back of the end zone. So just two drives where Bryce was super sharp, the offense was good, we were protecting well, running the ball well, mixing it — feeling how we should feel,” says Reich.

The Dolphins explosive offense then scored 35 unanswered points to take a 35-14 lead. Starting in the second quarter, Tua Tagovailoa threw for three touchdown passes to Raheem Mostert, Tyreek Hill and Jalen Waddle. In the third quarter, the Dolphins had an eight play drive that ended with a six-yard touchdown rush by Raheem Mostert, taking five minutes off the clock. And in the fourth quarter, Raheem Mostert took his 3rd of the day for a one-yard rushing touchdown.

Frank Reich knew how dynamic the Dolphins offense is especially when Wide Receiver Tyreek Hill is in open space and running.

“I mean, we know their offense, when they get hot, they’re hard to stop. They got some big time playmakers. I mean, Tyreek (Hill): man, when he hits that thing running, it looks different. And it feels different. When he goes in that motion and hits full speed — you can watch that on film, but when you feel it on the field, he’s a difference maker. Obviously he had a huge day. I mean, he averaged over 20 yards a catch. So credit to him and their offense,” says Reich.

In the history of the NFL, no team has ever made the playoffs starting 0-6. The Panthers are stuck in a very tough spot as the team is bad, and they don’t have any first round picks. The Carolina Panthers are in for a very tough future if they aren’t able to start turning things around. 

Frank Reich still thinks him and the guys can turn the season around and do some damage throughout the league.

“We got 11 games left. I mean, anything can happen. … If you commit to getting better, and you commit to hanging together, then we can do some damage. We can win football games. We can win a lot of football games. So that’s what we’ll do,” says Reich.