WILDCATS PREPARE FOR THE PLAYOFFS

Leahcim Lokes Photography
Robert Carcelli is the wide receiver and outside linebacker for the Cats.

The Struthers Wildcats were in round one of the playoffs on Friday, October 27. They had a big game ahead of them. The Wildcats played the Girard Indians in a high stake win or home game.

The Wildcats were looking to prove something after the game on Friday. They had potential to win and to come out on top in the playoffs.

“It meant a lot especially because of how our game ended last time; we’re looking to win big this time and make a statement moving forward,” says Robert Carcelli.

The Wildcats have a lot of good weapons on the offense  and defense. But Girard was going to be ready to take them on since in the battle earlier on in the season between the Wildcats and the Indians, Struthers came out with the win 35-28 over Girard.

The Wildcats prepared every day, and they couldn’t wait to play their first playoff game of the season. They will not back down. 

“Practicing every day and taking it seriously–this is a big game and we cannot look ahead to it,” says Carcelli.

Struthers has some big plays on both sides of the ball. Carcelli is a part of those big plays. Carcelli is a big key to the offense side of the ball. If you need a big play passing the ball, he is your guy and defensively he comes up and makes tackles and gets big plays.

Having a play that can have fun on the field and still do good in the game is great.

“It’s definitely a different vibe because it’s playoffs, but we’re gonna be ready to go no matter what,” says Carcelli.