WHITE WINS FEBRUARY STUDENT OF MONTH

Isabella Sferra
Alanna White, sophomore, was named February’s Student of the Month.

Alanna White is the sophomore representative for February’s Student of the Month along with freshman Courtney Wilczek, junior Anaurra Burgess, and senior Grady Moore. She was nominated by Mr. Bayuk for her tremendous work and dedication in class every day. 

White is always working hard in the classroom. Whether they are tests or assignments, she always makes sure that she is on top of her work. Not only does she do her work, but she always studies, which helps her to always perform her best. 

White reminds others what they can do to earn Student of the Month in the future. 

“Try as hard as you can in all of your classes and don’t let procrastination get to you,” says the sophomore. 

Earning this title is quite a competition. Fighting for Student of the Month is very difficult because there is only one spot for each grade per month. 

The responsible, elite and dedicated student feels very proud of herself.

“The best part is the feeling of recognition for the effort I put into my school work,” says the Student of the Month. 

Not only do you get to claim the Student of the Month title, but you also get a few additional prizes. Earning this award is a big deal, so the teachers make sure that the students are rewarded some extra gifts. 

White reveals some of the additional gifts that the Student of the Month winners are awarded. 

“You can get a pass for the lunch line, and there’s a lunch at the end of the year for all of the people who won Student of the Month,” says the student.