STUDENTS PREPARE FOR NEXT SCHOOL YEAR

Ava Pokopatz
Marley Tarr, sophomore, is ready for the challenge CPP classes brings.

Students at Struthers High School are starting to think about their futures. 

While students are excited that summer is approaching, and they are now able to prepare for their classes they will take in the upcoming school year, this time of year normally induces a lot of stress on students. Students are beginning to find their way, and their own interests in life and are excited to be taking classes that are favorable to them. However, scheduling classes can often put a lot of unneeded pressure on children who are undecided in what they want their future to look like or for those who are already struggling with their schoolwork this year. 

Sophomore, Marley Tarr, finds this time of the year stressful. 

“This time of the year always stresses me out because I am planning to be a part of a whole new environment and experiences. It is usually harder because of the stress of finding and planning for new classes while also focusing on the ones I’m currently in,” says Tarr.

While this time of year could bring stress to students, they are also excited to be preparing for the upcoming year. Kids at Struthers High School begin discussing what they want their future to look like, what college they plan on going to, and a career they would like to pursue. With scheduling their classes, they get to figure out what they might be interested in the most.

Tarr is looking forward to taking her new classes as she approaches junior year.

“I am very much looking forward to the classes I chose for next year because they are offering me more opportunities for better experiences,” says Tarr. 

As this school year begins to unwind, students are planning for the classes they want to take next year. Struthers offers College Credit Plus classes, which are advanced classes that allow students to gain college credit in high school. Many students who are interested in going to college find this very beneficial for their future. 

Tarr is looking forward to taking CCP classes for her junior year. 

“I believe that Struthers CCP is a great program and will greatly benefit me for preparing for college, especially with the fact that it gives me college credits,” says Tarr.