BOOK CLUB HOLDS MEETING

Isabella Sferra
Louis Algaeir, sophomore, is a member of the Book Club.

Struthers High School had a book club meeting on Wednesday, January 17, about what book they are going to read. 

The book club members had a few books they could choose from. The options were “Ace of Spades,” “Mondays not Coming,” “The Ivies,” as well as “And Then There Were Four.” With all of these books, only one would be chosen, and club members picked “And Then There Were Four.” 

Putting thought into a new book could have a good outcome. 

“Generally, I just go for books that I think would be fun to read, or really discuss. Like something I think I’d talk about with other people and have strong opinions or say something interesting,” says member Louis Algaeir. 

Anyone is welcome into the club. Having more people in the club means more interaction and conversation. It means having more than a few thoughts about the book. More members give more ideas. 

Seniors spend some of their moments at the Book Club. 

“Although it is bittersweet, I love the connections I have made with this group,” says senior member Isabella Sferra. 

Book Club takes place after school days. The members will decide what date they should have the next one. There is a Google Classroom that has forms posted on if you’re going to be there. The members will read the book separately then come together and talk about the book.