WINTER TIME’S BACK

Mrs. Mickler
Tekeira Brown-Holness is a member of the SHS Starlight Singers.

The Struthers High School performed their winter concert at the middle school on Tuesday, December 12.

For some, the winter concert is new, but others are used to performing. The Show Choir class prepared for this concert for months. They put hard work and dedication into their preparation. After every fix and every fail, the Struthers show choir will overcome nerves and dominate the performance. 

There are many opinions during the winter concert. 

It kind of depends on how much everyone decides to put in. A day in show choir can be fun but also hard,” says performer Mackenzie Lind. 

The Show Choir danced and sang on stage. The class took advantage of their little time to perfect the concert. With perfection, comes rewards. The feeling after doing well at a concert is the best. 

Being prepared mentally and physically for a concert was important. 

“The day of the concert, everyone was very tense and nervous. A regular day is very calm and fun. Sometimes we learn new music or add changes to music,” says performer Tekeira Brown. 

This performance was worth their whole grade in the class. Being there would help their classmates too because most of the dancing requires partner work. 

Being prepared helps everyone out. 

“I feel pretty prepared for the concert,” says performer Leah Daniels. 

The Show Choir performance is a very important thing for the Struthers Show Choir. They had a dress rehearsal one day before the performance, which took place after school at the middle school.  This dress rehearsal helped the show choir students get a feel of the stage before they go on and perform. They ran through the show and got everything perfected.