CHRISTMAS BREAK COMING IN FAST

Mrs. Mickler
Like most students, Angelina Carcelli is ready for break.

Christmas break is right around the corner at Struthers High School.

With Christmas right around the corner, everyone at Struthers High School is nonstop talking about their “favorite time of the year.” Students and staff are moving through the next three weeks and are more than ready to celebrate the holiday with their families and friends. 

Angelina Carcelli, sophomore, enjoys the time in school between Thanksgiving break and Christmas break. 

“I think this time of year is the most fun because everybody is in a good mood waiting for Christmas to arrive,” says Carcelli. 

During the holiday season, students are very anxious for the winter break to come. With Christmas near, everyone in Struthers is looking forward to having no school, snow, presents and time at home with their family. 

Carcelli is excited for winter break. 

“I love Christmas, and I am also excited to get another break from school. I am looking 

forward to Christmas day because I get to spend time with my family,” says Carcelli.

Since we are only in school for three weeks in between Thanksgiving and winter break, most students find this time of the year to be easier and more motivating. Since most are preparing for the holidays and anxious for the times to come, students enjoy that teachers don’t give a lot of in-class assignments or homework. 

Carcelli agrees that this is one of the best times of the school year. 

“I think this time of the year is the easiest. The work is easy and we have barely had any tests. I also feel my best this time of the year because I feel the most motivated,” says Carcelli.