FIRST NINE WEEKS WRAPS UP

Isabella Sferra
Bella Sahli, sophomore, enjoyed the first nine weeks.

The first quarter at Struthers High School came to an end on Monday, October 30th. 

As the summer came to a close, students returned to school and started off the new year strong. Students seemed very excited to be back with their friends and to have new classes. 

Sophomore Isabella Sahli was looking forward to starting off the first quarter. 

“I was most excited about getting to be in all of the new environments of my different classes and getting to switch things up this school year,” says Sahli. 

Those going into 10th grade found it much easier and way less nerve-wracking than they did going into freshman year. However, students found that there was definitely a lot more work and difficulty than there was in years prior. 

There were differences between going into sophomore year compared to freshman year. 

“It is definitely a lot more work, and the teachers have higher expectations for you in the classroom, which was one of the biggest changes,” says Sahli. 

As for the nine weeks overall, it was considered very successful and enjoyable to many staff and students. There were many activities including pep rallies, sporting events, spirit weeks, homecoming and so much more that everyone had a lot of fun participating in. 

Sahli has many favorite parts of the first quarter. 

“I really enjoyed getting to know more people in my different classes, and I got to play soccer during the school year, which is always a lot of fun,” says Sahli. 

Students really enjoyed all the events that took place during the first couple weeks of school and are looking forward to many more throughout the rest of the year.