LEE LAUNCHES INTO SEASON

Ava Pokopatz
Talisa Lee, senior, is a thrower on the track team.

Talisa Lee is an 18-year-old senior track athlete for Struthers High School.

Lee has been participating in track for three years. She does the shot put and discus events. She decided to get into track because she needed something to do after school, and it was a good way to get back into shape.

Her favorite thing about track is the team.

“Everyone is so supportive and uplifting during practice and meets. They inspire me to do better, and I hope that I do the same for them,” says Lee.

The athlete plans to go to Youngstown State University to pursue civil engineering. She hopes to throw shot put, but she’s not sure if she’ll have the time. Lee also decided that it would be best that she didn’t decide to throw professionally because she wants to focus on her career.

Though, she had a good piece of advice for incoming track athletes.

“Although there aren’t tryouts for track, you need to put a lot of effort into the sport. In order to be successful, you need to be able to listen to your coach and fix your mistakes,” she says.

The thrower is not looking forward to the end of the season. Track has been her only sport throughout high school, so she will be very sad to leave it. She has made many good memories with her team and she wishes them the best. 

Even though this is her last season, she has some inspiring goals to end it off.

“My goals are to lift more and to break another personal record,” says Lee.