BABYFACE RAY REFLECTS ON BEING “SHY KID”

The artist Marcellus Rayvon Register, more known professionally as “Babyface Ray,” released his new hit single on the 22nd of March this year. Ray was able to produce this musical piece through the “EMPIRE” record label.

The artist begins his song with the lyric, “the game might never change,” in which he is referring to the rap scene. Ray then proceeds to exclaim how the younger generation is being metaphorically drowned by the murders and drugs as seen through the music they listen to. Next, Marcellus tells the audience his actions of him trying to get service for his phone in his house by moving through the different rooms before explaining how he is being driven in a luxury car that has curtains to block the outside light. The artist then expresses that, “Was a shy kid, lately, I been blinded by the lights,” which could be implying about how light reflects off of their jewelry. The artist’s next lines include them explaining how they aren’t like who people compare them to and how he is the example of what a man is supposed to be.

The first thing that is good about this song is that the music that the artist used in this song is very supportive towards their voice. This means that the artist is able to use many different methods to approach the creation of the song. This allows the artist’s ability to create music to increase drastically. The artist was then able to produce the masterpiece that is known as “Shy Kid” because of this.

The second point created about this song is that the artist spends a lot of time flaunting their abilities and material possessions. This may give off the impression to some that the artist is very self-centered. While some may find this rude, it is a tactic that has been used by many other artists before them. The artist is just projecting what they were taught by their supporting figures.

This song would be recommended for those who enjoy the genre rap music that stems from the Detroit area.