BARBOUR BUILDS SOFTBALL TEAM

Caitlin Barbour is the varsity softball coach at Struthers High School.

Barbour has coached softball for the past 16 years and started playing when she was 12 years old. 

The coach has a lot of confidence in the team’s offense this season and believes they will go far. 

“I think that we will have an explosive offense that will keep us in games and give us an opportunity to win,” says Barbour. 

Coach Barbour graduated from Cardinal High School and went to college at Ohio University. 

Barbour enjoys seeing the older girls on the team influence the younger players and help them become a stronger team together. 

“I am looking forward to watching the older girls lead and motivate the team to work hard and be competitive and grow as a unit,” says Barbour. 

The coach holds two jobs being a softball coach and a secretary. 

When it comes to inspiration, her high school volleyball coach influenced her to play her hardest. 

My high school volleyball coach, Coach Shirkey, was extremely competitive and pushed us to our limits. She taught us to play with heart, be the hardest worker at all times and to strive to compete at the highest level,” say Barbour.