“THE BLACK PHONE” REACHES AUDIENCES

“The Black Phone” is a popular horror/mystery movie that was released on June 24, 2022.

“The Black Phone” is a movie about The Grabber (Ethan Hawke) who kidnaps little kids and holds them hostage in a soundproof basement. Finney (Mason Thames) was walking home from school one day and The Grabber stopped in front of him, pretending to need help putting stuff into his van. As Finney was going to help him, he lured him closer to the van and sprayed a chemical in his mouth, covering him with black balloons and putting him into the van. He goes through a lot trying to escape, and he sees the children that were once in that basement and they help him escape. His little sister Gwen (Madeleine McGraw) helps lead the police to the house Finney was being held captive.

Some good things about “The Black Phone” would be the way the movie is structured. The characters’ performances are also a really good thing about the movie because it makes you want to continue watching. It has a great suspenseful storyline, it keeps you on the edge of your seat and it has great plot twists. It also has really chilling moments.

Some bad things about the movie would be how The Grabber’s brothers knows about what his brother does but doesn’t try to do anything to stop it. Something else could be the pace of the movie and how some parts of the movie were slow. Something else is the way the kids don’t try to avoid him as he is a stranger. Parents should teach that to their kids first hand because something seemed off about him from the beginning.

The rating would be a 10/10 because the movie overall is really good, and if you like horror movies you would like this one too.